Your first visit to our office will begin with an assessment of your treatment goals. When you work with Dr Weiner, your expectations and concerns are her highest priority.
Rebuilding your smile starts with a phone call!
Once you make contact with us, we will schedule your first visit with Dr Weiner. Your initial consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our team, learn more about your oral health, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs.
At your consultation we will:
• Take the relevant radiographs (“x-rays”) needed
• Take diagnostic photographs as needed
• Go through an extensive periodontal assessment to determine what treatment is necessary and evaluate the overall health of your mouth
• Discuss the choices available for your treatment and help you choose one that is customised to your specific needs
• Discuss when treatment should start and the ideal timing for your treatment plan
• Present you with an all-inclusive quote
Radiographs (“x-rays”) will be taken using a digital sensor at your initial appointment to provide your dental professional with a diagnostic view of the tooth. With digital “x-rays,” the image is instantaneous and can be enhanced and enlarged with software applications. This is critical for a proper diagnosis of your periodontal status.
To determine the health of your gum tissue, your dental professional will perform a periodontal exam. A measuring tool is gently placed into the collar of gum tissue that surrounds the tooth, called a pocket. Normal, healthy pockets are typically between 1-3 mm in depth with no bleeding. When bacteria are allowed to sit below the gum line for an extended period of time, an infection can develop in the gum and may result in bone loss.
At WDW Periodontics and Dental Implants the aim of your first visit is to provide you with all the information you need to know about your oral health and periodontal status, so that you can choose the treatment that is best for you – no strings attached. If you’d like to schedule a consultation with Dr Weiner, please call us on (02) 4296 1112 or click here to contact us online.